Anyone who has ever planned to build a fence for their personal residence or commercial property–knows how complicated the process can be. There are a lot of factors that have to be considered before installation, and one of them is receiving the right permits.
The issue with privacy fencing guidelines.
In Corona, CA there are numerous privacy fencing styles available. These privacy fences are installed for a variety of reasons, the most common reason being privacy or security. A popular type of privacy fence is a wood privacy fence. However, planning to install one must be done very carefully since there are requirements that have to be met before construction can begin.
Fencing regulations outlined in the Corona city code outline all the steps necessary before beginning the process of installing any sort of fencing–regardless of whether it’s a privacy fence or not. Of course, different types of code compliance may have to be obtained depending on what type of project you’re planning to do, but here we will focus primarily on privacy fencing projects and the necessary steps to be taken before beginning the privacy fencing installation process.
When privacy fencing is a necessity.
Because privacy fencing offers a solution to privacy and security issues, they are often mandated by the city council or some other type of government office–especially for those living in more populated areas. In these cases, privacy fencing does not have to be requested through the city code compliance office prior to construction. However, there are still guidelines that must be followed regarding privacy fences. You can request information from your area’s specific city council regarding privacy fence regulations after you do your research on what is required of projects concerning privacy fencing installation.
The list of guidelines and regulations which must be followed varies from place to place. There may also be certain locations where privacy fencing is not allowed. Check with your local government office for specifics on exactly what is required of you before receiving the permits needed to begin constructing a privacy fence in Corona, CA.
Lastly, no matter how much information you gather about your city’s specific guidelines, we recommend that you consult with your contractor or an inspector anytime you’re looking into doing some sort of project–to ensure the safety and protection of yourself and your property.
Other Important Information Regarding the Process.
When it comes to obtaining your permits–there is one important issue that you have to consider before beginning the process. Even though in most cases, if the privacy fencing is being installed for security purposes–it may be expedited in some way when it comes to receiving the permits needed to begin construction. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be any requirements or steps necessary on your part.
One of the things you’ll have to do if you are planning out a project concerning privacy fencing in Corona is meet with city officials who will tell you exactly what’s required of your project and how long it should take before you can receive your building permit.
Privacy fencing is a very important part of any property, and it is always better to be safe than sorry. City code compliance offices exist for a reason–so we highly recommend that if you are planning on doing some sort of project at your home or commercial property, including but not limited to installing a privacy fence in Corona–that you visit them and find out exactly what the requirements and regulations may be before beginning construction. It will help ensure the safety of yourself and your home when you take this step.
Here are the steps in the process if you’re planning to do some type of project involving privacy fencing installation in Corona, CA.
There are several types of permits that may be required for projects–depending on what exactly is being done. For privacy fencing, you will need a permit for grading, landscaping, and general construction. However, there are other regulations that may have to be met as well, depending on if it’s a commercial or residential property that you’re working with and the scope of the project in general.
1. The city will want an application before any work begins on your property for any sort of project–regardless of what it is. You have to submit this application via mail or fax with all necessary documentation needed for approval according to your permit. This includes but may not be limited to soil tests, engineering plans, grading plans, and excavation information. For privacy fencing projects, you’ll also need to include a sketch indicating where exactly the privacy fence will be located on your property according to its measurements taken from existing structures already present at that location.
2. Make sure that you receive your site approval before beginning construction or installation of any type. This mainly involves making sure that you comply with all regulations regarding the proposed project. At this point, you must also make sure to file your grading plans, your engineering plans, and soil tests at the Land Use office in Corona.
3. Make sure that when you go to check on the progress of your permit(s) that it is accurate within the city’s requirements–or if there are any discrepancies between what was submitted and what they have on file, contact them immediately with an explanation as to why there is a discrepancy between what was submitted and what they have on file for said permit(s).
4. When the privacy fencing project has been approved by not only yourself but also by the city, you may begin construction.
5. Once the project has been completed, the contractor should notify the permit office in Corona to request a final inspection for grading, landscaping, and general construction–regardless of whether it’s a commercial or residential property according to their regulations. This is important because any discrepancies will need to be handled at this point in order for the said project(s) to receive an occupancy certificate if it’s a commercial property–or final inspection if it’s a residential property.
As you can see from these steps, there are several things that must be considered before beginning any type of privacy fencing installation in Corona CA. It is best that you understand exactly what your rights are when planning on doing some sort of home/commercial property project to ensure the safety of yourself and your property when you begin construction.
If you’re planning on privacy fencing in Corona, CA–it’s important to make sure that you visit with them and find out about what the requirements and regulations may be before beginning construction. It will help ensure your safety when the project is complete and check for potential conflicts with your neighbors.
What to look for when hiring a contractor
A good contractor will have many years of experience working with fencing in Corona, CA. They should also have customers that are willing to refer their services in this area. Make sure that the contractor has materials warranties on all products used in your project. Make sure that you understand exactly what the cost entails. Ask for an itemized estimate on your project to ensure that all materials and labor costs are included. In addition, get a written lien waiver from the contractor if any subcontractors will be used in your project–this ensures that there won’t be any problems with payment at a later date.
Be wary of contractors who ask for half of their payment before work begins on the said project–with upfront costs like this, they run the risk of not completing the job if their customers aren’t able to pay them in full upon completion because they’ve already spent that money elsewhere or don’t feel like working without getting paid especially if it’s taking them longer than expected.
Professionalism is key when hiring someone to perform work on your property.
Make sure that you trust the contractor to work with your family and make any changes needed when they complete their work. They should also be able to take care of any issues or situations that may come up in a timely manner, make suggestions on different materials and designs, and answer questions if things aren’t going as expected.
Make sure that you understand what is required by the city–to avoid running into problems or wasting time and money only to have the project postponed because it wasn’t done according to Corona’s regulations regarding privacy fencing. Joe’s Fencing & Gates Corona is a contractor worth talking to if you are planning on your project soon. They have years of experience working with customers in this area and can also provide references upon request. Joe’s Fencing & Gates Corona is the contractor that you want to handle all of your privacy fencings in Corona, CA.Joe’s Fencing & Gates Corona provides high-quality service in all areas of fencing and provides all types of materials used in your project. They also have references available upon request if you are interested in what previous customers had to say about their services. Make sure that you are prepared for your project by making an appointment with them today to ensure that everything goes as planned–including the installation of all necessary materials, plus any required inspections when they’re completed according to Corona’s regulations.